Director of Digital & E-Commerce
Los Angeles, CA Corporate Office (remote during Covid)
The Director of Digital & E-Commerce will be the business and financial owner of moonjuice.com, Amazon and Moon Juice’s digital marketing program. This role is responsible for delivering an optimal and consistent digital customer experience, while driving growth of the business through profitable customer acquisition, engagement, and customer lifecycle management. The Director is responsible for leading the strategic planning and execution – through an internal team as well as third-party vendors – of all commercial and digital marketing investments and initiatives
The Director of Digital & E-Commerce, will be responsible for online marketing, merchandising, user experience, product development, and site operations. S/he will oversee a team responsible for end-to-end online ecommerce operations, with oversight responsibility for sales/ profit targets and relevant KPIs.
The Director will work closely with the marketing and creative teams to create a branded online experience that is consistent with the customer’s offline experience of the Moon Juice brand. S/he will identify and drive investments and initiatives that will elevate the customer’s online/omnichannel experience and drive long-term engagement and return.
Strategy and Sales Goals
- Develop and execute an ecommerce strategy that will increase customer adoption and drive the online business, increasing revenue and profitability
- Set overall strategy and roadmap for e-commerce business and team across technology, operations, supply chain, digital marketing, commercial activations
- Direct strategy for commercial calendar – including promotions, sampling, GWPs, etc.
- Actively manage the business to Budget, P&L targets; lead annual forecasting and budgeting
- Work closely with Finance to ensure that all investments and activations are financially optimal and support business targets
- Manage the end-to-end operations related to supporting the ecommerce business, including: inventory planning, fulfillment (3PL), customer service, payments & fraud, merchandising, marketing
- Identify and act as final decision maker for ecommerce-related vendors. Lead vendor negotiations, ensure active management and ongoing assessment of all vendor partners
- Direct digital marketing strategy and efforts – including SEM, SEO, affiliates, display/retargeting, email, and referral programs
- Work closely with Marketing team to drive a full funnel digital marketing program
- Lead CRM efforts for all direct consumer interactions; innovate how data is collected and leveraged, particularly in 2021 in a 'cookie-free environment'
- Act as the digital champion/ liaison across the organization, driving cross-functional digital projects that will unlock sales and/or brand engagement
- Lead data-driven decisions around business to test and optimize new initiatives across marketing, merchandising, commercial activations, customer experience, etc.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to fully integrate digital capabilities across channels to deliver seamless omnichannel experiences and optimize omnichannel sales potential
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Finance
- Strong general management and leadership skills; ability to grow and manage a team and work well cross-functionally
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, prioritize and oversee multiple projects at once
- Successful track-record in building direct-to-consumer businesses and in managing an e-commerce P&L – with experience using technology, vendor management and negotiation, marketing, merchandising, and commercial/sales levers to drive profitable growth
- Strong project management skills including: conceptualization, driving alignment, planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives, delivering analysis and recommendations
- Highly analytical, data-driven and understands how to optimize commercial and marketing levers to deliver upon overall company goals and metrics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present ideas, processes, and metrics in a simple and clear manner (to both investors and leadership)
- Strong understanding of consumer mindset, consumer empathy and a dedication to creating great consumer experiences
- Takes ownership, problem solves and demonstrates a high level of accountability
About Moon Juice:
Moon Juice is the trailblazing mecca for adaptogenic beauty and wellbeing. Created in Venice, CA by wellness rebel and entrepreneur, Amanda Chantal Bacon, Moon Juice is equal parts art and medicine and as much about plants as pleasure. We source the most potent plants on earth by carefully selecting the source of each of our ingredients to ensure the highest quality ingredients with maximum effectiveness. Our super-herbs, super-mushrooms and super-minerals are sustainably farmed in their native regions, harvested at peak potency, and imported whole. We perform custom extractions using natural spring water at a wind powered facility in the Pacific Northwest. The results are ingredients and products that are extremely potent, supremely pure, and radically effective.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Moon Juice may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. We may be unable to follow-up with each and every applicant. If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a posted job, please contact us at 310-730-5455 ext. 0409 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under federal law. Moon Juice is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.