Product Development Manager
Los Angeles, CA / Full Time
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Office, Moon Juice is looking for a Manager of Product Development to lead - alongside the company founder - all product development in both skin care and supplements. The ideal candidate is at the forefront of cutting-edge science and sustainability, is detailed oriented, and eager to go deep into ingredient research, sourcing, and sustainability.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Partner with brand founder and marketing team to lead product development as well as portfolio enhancements
- Lead and develop the communication/information of product benefits and marketing claims of existing and new products to cross functional teams
- Own entire process of product efficacy testing and claims
- Project manage across all development stage-gates
- Conduct research on the market, the competition, and customers to identify trends and opportunities for future growth
- Continue to grow existing product collections and identify key communication opportunities and unique product stories to creatively drive brand awareness with maximum impact
- Develop strong relationship with Ingredient suppliers and partner to constantly improve their standards
- Translate scientific and technical information into relevant consumer language
- 5+ years of product development in supplements and/or skin care
- Experience with international regulatory strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of quality and safety certifications and corresponding formulation requirements, including EWG verification
- Strong knowledge of ingredient efficacy, formulation, supply chain, regulatory affairs, clinical development, consumer insights, category management and project management, business processes
About Moon Juice:
Moon Juice is the trailblazing mecca for adaptogenic beauty and wellbeing. Created in Venice, CA by wellness rebel and entrepreneur, Amanda Chantal Bacon, Moon Juice is equal parts art and medicine and as much about plants as pleasure. We source the most potent plants on earth by carefully selecting the source of each of our ingredients to ensure the highest quality ingredients with maximum effectiveness. Our super-herbs, super-mushrooms and super-minerals are sustainably farmed in their native regions, harvested at peak potency, and imported whole. We perform custom extractions using natural spring water at a wind powered facility in the Pacific Northwest. The results are ingredients and products that are extremely potent, supremely pure, and radically effective.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Moon Juice may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. We may be unable to follow-up with each and every applicant. If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a posted job, please contact us at 310-730-5455 ext. 0409 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under federal law. Moon Juice is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.