Los Angeles, CA / Full Time
Moon Juice, Inc. is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, and collaborative Senior Accountant to join our team. In this role, you will contribute your accounting skills to help build a strong accounting and finance department. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and wish to implement accounting best practices. You are always looking for opportunities for improvement, automation, and efficiency. You will report to the Controller.
About your responsibilities:
- Perform all Bank reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner
- Complete credit card reconciliations
- Assist with month-end close process, including preparing and entering journal entries
- Maintain various balance schedules and roll-forward: fixed asset, intangibles, prepaids etc.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations including a tight oversight of cash clearing accounts
- Complete various internal reports as needed such as charitable contributions, gift card, etc.
- Reconcile monthly sales data and make any necessary journal entries
- Work closely with various sales channels to ensure accurate reporting of sales
- Work closely with departments across organization and vendors to complete timely accruals
- Assist with month-end variance analysis for internal financial reports and provide explanation of variances
- Review and evaluate various quarterly and year-end allowances and reserves. Make necessary entries (allowance of doubtful accounts, return reserve etc.)
- Assist with audit preparations
- Identify, research, and resolve accounting issues
- Provide guidance to junior accounting staff
- Complete all special projects or duties assigned by the controller or VP of Finance
- 4+ years of accounting experience including working with inventory in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work-ethic and communication skills
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices
- Excellent follow through and time management skills
- Maintain high attention to detail and strict deadlines
- Strong experience in Microsoft Excel
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Team player with initiative
About Moon Juice:
Moon Juice brings the plants, science, and wisdom for Intelligent Self Care®. We source 100% unadulterated, sustainable, and active ingredients for clean and potent formulas. Discover our adaptogenic supplements and skincare to elevate consciousness and transform beauty from the inside out and the outside in.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Moon Juice may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. We may be unable to follow-up with each and every applicant. If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a posted job, please contact us at 310-730-5455 ext. 0409 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under federal law. Moon Juice is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.