What’s an adaptogen?
Adaptogens are plants — roots, berries, leaves, and dried mushroom powders — that learned to survive and thrive by adapting to external stressors. They help our bodies adapt to stress, too! Adaptogens help bring us to homeostasis (our healthy, middle resting point), which reduces the effects of stress like sluggishness, irritability, and brain fog, leaving us more balanced, calm, and resilient. Get to know some of them and their health benefits:
- Ashwagandha: The mood root, clinically shown to help reduce stress and regulate cortisol levels.
- Cordyceps: Bioactive natural mushroom powder traditionally used to sustain energy and stamina.*
- Reishi: Nootropic mushroom supplement known to help balance mood and support concentration.*
- Rhodiola: Brain root known to support concentration and help reduce fatigue in the body.*
- Shatavari: Hormone root traditionally used in Ayurveda to support healthy hormonal balance.*