Culver City, CA / Sales / Full Time
Moon Juice is seeking a Sales Director to drive sustainable, profitable growth across all retail partners. As Sales Director, you are responsible for executing our national retail sales strategy and developing key account partnerships, strategically leading the sales efforts within the fast-growing beauty and wellness category. In this key position, you manage the domestic field team, lead events, and ensure the Moon Juice brand is properly represented across all accounts. You will contribute in-depth sales management expertise and be responsible for increasing both sell in and sell thru. This is an exciting opportunity to play a major role in building the Moon Juice retail distribution. The ideal candidate is passionate about green beauty, a strategic leader, a team player, detail-oriented, results-driven, and eager to roll their sleeves up to be part of a fast-growing brand.
- Maximize opportunities across existing account relationships
- Manage, develop, and grow field sales team – oversee calendar for in-store demos, staff trainings, public appearances with the Founder, education events to support sell in and sell through initiatives
- Develop protocol for success for field sales team including seasonal trainings, monthly visits, adherence to merchandising guidelines, monitoring of door productivity/effectiveness, and best allocation of budget dollars/investment by account and by door
- Prospect new business and identify competitive advantages within the clean beauty and wellness category
- Build strong relationships with key retailer stakeholders as a credible business partner
- Gain comprehensive knowledge of retailer strategic objectives, priorities, shoppers, decision-making process, and KPIs
- Partner with marketing to ensure that new product comps and content, including assets, videos, and product copy, are tracked and provided to retail teams by due dates
- Share with all stakeholders best practices for retailer product pages to inform and optimize brand content
- Provide shopper and retailer insight to drive innovation and leverage retailer key initiatives
- Meet and exceed sales revenue goals and profitability benchmarks
- Prepare weekly reporting, analytics and findings to executive team
- Produce and maintain internal sales documents and tracking sheets, line-sheets, order forms, sales reporting, client PLs, budgets, forecast planning, etc
- Analyze channel sales, review forecasting, and identify opportunities for growth
- Partner with marketing and finance to assist with budget and forecast sales by account
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, or related field
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant work experience – business development, inside sales, outside sales, etc.
- 2+ years relevant management experience, leading a team
- Proven, successful sales track record in beauty industry and account relationship management
- Highly adaptable and resourceful with a leadership spirit
- Strategic leader for opportunity maximization across all accounts
- Ability to prioritize work and succeed under deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively, including strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and work cross functionally with marketing, retail partners, operations (demand planning and supply chain)
- Creativity in problem-solving and strong organizational skills
- Expert project management and analytical skills
- Omni-channel mentality and customer-centric background
- Must be proficient in Excel and Power Point
- Must be able to work from Culver City office and travel domestically when needed
- Commitment to holistic wellness is a plus
Moon Juice is the trailblazing mecca for adaptogenic beauty and wellbeing. Created in Venice, CA by wellness rebel and entrepreneur, Amanda Chantal Bacon, Moon Juice is equal parts art and medicine; and as much about plants as pleasure. We source the most potent plants on earth by carefully selecting the source of each of our ingredients to ensure the highest quality ingredients with maximum effectiveness. Our superherbs, supermushrooms and superminerals are sustainably farmed in their native regions, harvested at peak potency, and imported whole. We perform custom extractions using natural spring water at a wind powered facility in the Pacific Northwest. The results are ingredients and products that are extremely potent, supremely pure, and radically effective.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Moon Juice may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. We may be unable to follow-up with each and every applicant. If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a posted job, please contact us at 310-730-5455 ext. 0409 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under federal law. Moon Juice is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.